NEW POLICY FOR ESTABLISHING A WATER ACCOUNT
The following will be required to set up an account with LOACHAPOKA WATER AUTHORITY:
- Tenant must complete the application for service and water users’ agreement in person. LWA will not set up an account to anyone not listed on the rental agreement or ownership documents.
- Photo ID –
- A current (non-expired) driver’s license or non-driver identification card issued by a state or territory of the United States of America
- Military identification
- Or other such documentation issued by a local or federal governmental agency or education institution of a state or territory of the United States of America.
- Property Owners: Acceptable proof of ownership such as a deed.
- Renters: Fully executed original rental agreement with property owner. Must be legible and cannot have whiteout on documents. For renters in a mobile home park, a copy of the lot rental with the Park. Only names listed on lot rental can establish service.
- ACTIVIATION FEES:
PROPERTY OWNERS pay a $75.00 account activation fee in the form of cash, check or money order.
RENTERS pay a $100.00 account activation fee in the form of cash, check or money order.
Please do not request to conduct the above via phone or fax.
Water Service Activation Schedule: New customers must complete the above before 2:00 P.M. in order to have their water service activated the next business day. If this is completed by 2:00 P.M. your water service will be activated between the hours of 7:00 A.M. and 10:00 A.M the following business day. Please note that emergency situations (such as main line leak repairs) could delay the connection.
It is the responsibility of the tenant or landlord to make sure all faucets, hose connections, etc., are in the “off” position and pipes are in good repair. It is necessary for a responsible person to be at home during the hours scheduled for connection when water service is turned on or restored after a period of interruption to discover and/or prevent the possibility of any flooding or leaks. See Application for Service and Rule & Regulations for additional important information.